Sunday, July 24, 2005

User name taken? What the...?

Ladies and gentlemen, I have been using the Internet since 1993, and in those 12 years, I have never registered for any service - AOL, Hotmail, GMail, you name it - where I could not use my first name as my username. This has always been one of the major benefits of being named "Vaylor".

Last week, I signed up for a MySpace account, and for the first time ever, I got a message that the username "Vaylor" was already in use. So, quite naturally, I went to myspace.com/vaylor to find out who took my name. Apparently, there is a band in Huntington Beach, CA named Vaylor. How weird is that?

1 Comments:

Blogger --josh-- said...

It gets wierder. THey're fronted by a guy named Yeti.

OK, I'll stop posting comments now.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home